Pebbles Take

Monday, July 10, 2006

New to this blog thing

Hi! I am pretty new to this blog thing, so forgive me if I screw up royally. Having some help setting this site up on LibBlogs would be great!

I was inspired by the articles in the Star and Globe this week about blogs, and have decided to get involved, and provide a different view (and hopefully more seasoned perspective) than people with less depth in the party.

That being said, I am a table officer with one of the parties PTAs (can you guess who I am?), and in my day supported John Turner for leadership (hopefully I have learned some lessons since then).

It would be really helpful for people to ask questions, or suggest topics to write on, or ask for a response to a piece on their blog.

8 Comments:

  • Congratulations on your new site. To be completely honest, I'm a bit leery of a beloved childhood icon being appropriated for partisan purposes, but I'm sure many Liberals will support you no matter what. I'm instinctively mistrustful of members of any party, as they're generally skewed away from an objective perspective, but I like any good site with something to teach me. Again, congratulations.

    By Blogger Jason Bo Green, at 9:31 PM  

  • I look forward to reading your posts,

    By Blogger calgarygrit, at 10:49 PM  

  • You suck.

    Ha ha, this has been your first flame.

    By Blogger Peter Rempel, at 11:22 PM  

  • It's unfortunate that you don't say what city you're in. We've got a blogger gathering happening this Friday in Ottawa, and if you live in Toronto various bloggers meet and greet once a month. Check out the Canadian Blog Exchange at canconv.boundbygravity.com to see who else is out there.

    By Blogger VW, at 5:06 AM  

  • So you backed Turner...real question is who are you supporting this time?

    By Blogger CMinOC, at 7:25 AM  

  • real question is who are you supporting this time?

    I don't get how anybody can be supporting ANYbody at this moment. Sure, if you're more right, go for MI, more left, go for BR, etc. But there's hardly been a great deal of substantive debate over ideas and there's been no spark of vision. I'm a bit leery of people who've made up their minds already - it's too early.

    By Blogger Jason Bo Green, at 8:55 AM  

  • I'll believe the PTA officer thing when you give more information.

    By Blogger Jason Cherniak, at 6:18 AM  

  • That said, I would guess Alberta since Calgary Grit seems to know who you are.

    By Blogger Jason Cherniak, at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home