Pebbles Take

Monday, September 25, 2006

Fry Withdraws ... yawn

It is unfortunate Hedy Fry did not withdraw before September 15th, all of her declared support will have to run as independents, and not be passed to 'Bob'.

This is assuming Hedy has any more than marginal declared support (people had predicted her coming into convention with less than 50 votes) after a poll conducted in Ontario and Quebec indicated zero support for her.
Not a single respondent chose Fry.
"There were over 3,000 opportunities for people to pick her (as first, second or third choice)," said Graves.
"She literally got zero. I have never seen that in over 20 years of polling."
I remember when she started the race and predicted she could raise easily one million dollars.
During the summer, her campaign so lacked organization, and funding that she tagged along on Dion's three day tour of the provinces interior. Her home province was not organized enough to support her coming out.

The late withdrawl is symbolic of all the problems in Hedy Fry's campaign. The only thing I am disappointed with is her going to Rae.

I wonder if this is another one of Rae's I will sell memberships in the ridings of other candidates, (as was rumoured with Maurizio Bevilacqua and C.B.) as to pressure them to come with me to not face the embarassment of not being able to control their own riding.

With all the time Fry spent with Dion this summer, I would think she would have went to that side.

[link]

3 Comments:

  • The LPC set this leadership up to be a abysmal failure, and I hang my head in disgust these past few weeks. Hedy to Rae, another very sad day.

    I agree with you on the tag along with Dion, there most definitely is a buy off and all the more reason the LPC needs renewal.

    My riding has a mail in ballott and from what I hear the Bob Rae slate has 2 people who actulally live in the riding. I still have not received the ballot yet so that is only heresay.

    My $$ is on Mexico not Montreal for the 1st time in decades.

    By Blogger Lolly, at 9:09 AM  

  • I love it. Hedy Fry states unequivocally her reasons for joining Rae, and you guys dismiss them, citing nothing but falsehoods and innuendo, to claim that there must be something negative about her decision to support Mr. Rae. Geez, it must be tough to go through life as such a complete and unabashed cynic.

    By Blogger Skip, at 9:43 AM  

  • In other Liberal Leadership news, the deafening hail of popping champagne corks was heard in the PMO this morning.

    By Blogger Neo Conservative, at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home